Admit it, you crave junk foods even if you know that they are unhealthy. Do you have any idea about the healthy foods you are not eating? Let’s check out.
7 Pumpkin Seeds
Why You Should Consider Eating Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin seed is rich in magnesium- an essential mineral for your body. It helps to regulate blood pressure and reduce the risk of cardiac arrest and stroke. In addition, the magnesium-rich pumpkin seeds improve proper growth of bones.
- High zinc content makes pumpkin seeds as a great food for prostate health. Zinc is also an essential mineral to improve immunity.
- Pumpkin seed is an abundant source of antioxidants, especially different form of vitamin E. It ensures effective fight against the cell destructing free radicals.
- Pumpkin seeds contain an anti-stress neurochemical called gamma-amino butyric acid, which helps well in reducing anxiety.
Why You Should Consider Eating Pomegranate
- Pomegranate contains anti-aromatase phytochemicals which help to reduce the risk of breast cancer. The daily intake of pomegranate juice also could inhibit prostate cancer.
- Phytochemicals present in pomegranate can regulate blood pressure. Atherosclerosis or hardening of arteries also can be reduced by the daily intake of pomegranate juice.
- As an abundant source of iron, pomegranate can increase the level of red blood cells in your body. Thereby it can effectively against anemia, a condition caused by deficiency of red blood cells in the body.
- Pomegranate is rich in dietary fiber. So it can smooth the digestion process.
Top 7 Superfoods For Healthy Eyes
Eye health is important at all stages of your life. Because you see the beautiful world around you…Lifestyle
Why You Should Consider Eating Sardine
- Sardines are a great source of much-needed omega 3 fatty acids. They are highly beneficial in controlling heart diseases by preventing blood clots and gardening of artilleries.
- Sardine is a great choice if food in maintaining the bone health. It is rich in essential Vitamin D which improves absorption of calcium and phosphorus. Both these are vital in development and strengthening of bones.
- Moderate intake of sardines can reduce the development of macular degeneration – a condition found in aged people which lead to vision loss.
- A great food for reducing inflammation and glowing of skin.
Why You Should Consider Eating Cinnamon
- The anti-inflammatory property of cinnamon can fight against neurodegenerative diseases including Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
- Cinnamon is rich in varieties of antioxidants. Thereby it can counteract the cell-damaging free radicals.
- A great solution to those who struggle with diabetes. Because cinnamon has the power to control the rate of entry of glucose into the blood.
- The anti-viral, anti-microbial and antifungal properties of cinnamon can improve the immunity of the body.
Why You Should Consider Eating Broccoli
- Broccoli is one of the best cancer-fighting vegetables available in the market. It’s an abundant source of a component called sulforaphane, which can effectively fight cancer-causing chemicals in the body. Actually, broccoli can prevent different types of cancer including liver, lung, prostate, breast and skin cancer.
- Zeaxanthin and lutein, these two antioxidants present in broccoli can prevent two main eye diseases – cataract and macular degeneration or blurring of vision.
- Broccoli is rich in fiber. So, this vegetable can prevent stomach disorders and improves digestion.
- Can reduce allergic reaction as broccoli is a great source of two main anti-inflammatory nutrients called kaempferol and isothiocyanates.
- Soluble fiber in broccoli can reduce the cholesterol level in your body.
An Email A Day Keeps Boring AwayGrab our Newsletter. Never miss a list from TMW.
Why You Should Consider Eating Brussels Sprout
- Just like broccoli, Brussels sprouts also contain sulforaphane compound we which can inhibit the enzymes that cause the development of cancer cells.
- High amount of vitamin K in Brussels sprouts help to improve your bone health.
- Phytonutrient lutein and zeaxanthin present in Brussels sprouts can prevent cataract and macular degeneration (blurring of vision).
- With the high amount of vitamin C, brussel sprout can keep your immune system strong. Vitamin C also helps to improve the production of collagen, the main structural protein of skin, thereby your skin looks so younger.
- Glucosinolates, a sulfur containing component present in Brussels sprouts aid in detoxifying your body.
Why You Should Consider Eating Spinach
- Spinach is a rich source of beta-carotene, xanthene, and lutein, eating of spinach ensures healthy eyes. In addition, spinach can also prevent irritation to the eyes and age-related macular degeneration (blurring of vision).
- Regular consumption of folate and potassium rich spinach improves blood flow to brain, concentration and also reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s.
- As low in calories and fat, spinach is a great food on dieting.
- Zinc and magnesium content in spinach offer quality sleep and relaxation of the body.
- Lutein pigment present in spinach can prevent hardening ôf artilleries or atherosclerosis.
- High potassium contact and low sodium content of spinach promise balanced blood pressure.