Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the mucous membrane of two or one eye. Inflammation is caused by fungi, viruses and microbes that get on the conjunctiva and get inside. The disease is accompanied by severe redness of the eyes.
With viral conjunctivitis, one eye is infected, which is very watery and a little mucus is released from it.
With bacterial conjunctivitis, both eyes are affected, and a large amount of mucus is released.
With the allergic nature of the disease, both eyes turn very red, itch and pus is released.
Viral and bacterial conjunctivitis is easily transmitted from a sick person to a healthy one, so hygiene measures should be observed:
- hands should be constantly washed, especially when in contact with the eyes;
- use only your own towels and hygiene products;
- you should not visit public places;
- avoid contact with bleach in the eyes, for example, you can not go to the pool.
For the treatment of conjunctivitis, you can use conventional medications or folk remedies.
- For the treatment of conjunctivitis, you can use an infusion of dried aloe leaves. If fresh juice is used, it should be diluted with boiled water in a ratio of 1: 10.
- Eye washing with an infusion of medicinal marshmallow helps well. To prepare the infusion, take one glass of cold boiled water and pour 3-4 tablespoons of crushed marshmallow root into it. Let stand for eight hours. If boiling water is used to prepare the infusion, then you need to add two tablespoons of marshmallow flowers or leaves. Infuse the solution for half an hour.
- You can make an infusion of blueberry grass and hops. Prepare such an infusion only for the new month. Take an equal amount of hop cones and blueberry grass, mix. In one Cup of boiling water, put one tablespoon of the herb mixture, leave to infuse for one hour. The infusion is drunk three SIPS 20 minutes before meals four times a day.
- Making an infusion of rose petals. In one glass of boiling water, add one tablespoon of dried rose petals, let stand for half an hour. During the day, you need to wipe your eyes with this solution, and in the evening do compresses with this solution for half an hour.
- Mix the herbs – Snapdragon, marshmallow root, black nightshade leaves-chop and add to half a Cup of boiling water, leave to cool. Then strain through cheesecloth and instill the eye infusion three drops in each eye once a day.
- Prepare an infusion of cornflower flowers. For one Cup of boiling water, take one tablespoon of cornflower flowers. Infuse for half an hour, then strain through cheesecloth and rinse the eyes with the infusion.
Herbal infusions are very effective, but do not abuse them, alternate them, and also follow preventive measuresso that conjunctivitis does not occur again.